MCR 302 Rheometer
If you do not have an active NUCORE account, contact the ANTEC Director.
What to Bring for Your Analysis
- Pipette, tips
- Nitrile gloves
The MCR 302 from Anton Paar is a highly diverse mechanical tester which allows for a wide variety of rheological tests in rotational and oscillatory mode, including dynamic mechanical analysis. The MCR 302 comes with the ToolMaster™ recognition system for automatic detection of measuring systems. T-Ready™ sets the temperature of the lower plate and guarantees that the set temperature is met prior to sample testing. TruGap™ enables changes in the gap during measurement to account for thermal expansion of the sample and the cone. The T-Ready™ and TruGap™ allow for high accuracy testing and precise temperature, particularly for gels and tissues. The Peltier temperature control enables temperature dependent measurements at maximum sensitivity.
The MCR 302 rheometer measures shear stress, shear modulus, and viscosity of biomaterials in small volumes, under a variety of chemical conditions and temperature requirements.
Available Measuring Systems
- Measuring Plate PP08 Diameter 8 mm for measuring stiff gels
- Measuring Plate PP25/TG Diameter 25 mm; with TruGap™ for measuring highly viscous materials like gels and pastes
- Measuring Cone CP25-2/TG Diameter 25 mm, Angle 2 degrees; with TruGap™ for testing fluids and low viscosity materials
- Measuring Cone CP50-1/TG Diameter 50 mm, Angle 1 degrees; with TruGap™ for testing solutions
- Cover/Solvent trap 56 mm for testing samples over long periods to prevent evaporation
|Parallel-plate geometry||20 and 40 mm|
|Peltier temperature range||0 > 1000 mW/cm2|
|Maximum torque||200 mNm|
|Min. torque, rotation||10 nNm|
|Min. torque, oscillation||2 nNm|
|Torque resolution||0.1 nNm|
|Angular velocity||10-9 … 314 rad/s|
|Normal force range||0.005 … 50 N|
|Normal force resolution||0.5 N|
Please acknowledge the use of ANTEC equipment when data obtained in our core is published, used for proposal submissions, or included in your presentations! Acknowledgement helps demonstrate ANTEC’s value to the Northwestern University Research community and contributes to our efforts to secure funding for new instruments and services. See sample text.